Button Hat tutorial

A friend of mine was wearing the cutest bucket hat the other day with buttons cleanly placed on it. Of course, the crazy that I am, I thought to myself “I can make that”.

SO, I took a funky approach.
Here is my step by step {EASY} button hat tutorial.

Materials:
bucket hat (I bought mine at Target)
Needle
 24 inches of thread
Random buttons (because I save EVERYTHING, I have quite the collection)

To begin, I knotted my thread into a triple knot and began sewing buttons onto the right side of my hat.
Start from the inside out to hide any excess thread.

Continue threading inside/out using the same piece of thread for all your buttons.
The more random your button placement the better.
The inside will look something like this mess. No big deal.
Project Complete!
I used 8 buttons but you can use more or less. I may just make one in EVERY color because we all know bad hair days are a regular occurrence in the mommy hood.

Happy Crafting.

I am link up to these fun parties!
Lindsay

Comments

1. Hanna says

Super duper cute Lindsay!!!! I'm so lazy for crafting. Seems like all my allotted energy goes towards cooking:) I would LOVE, llove, love it if you would link this up to my crafty handmade party I am starting tomorrow!!! Thanks so much Lindsay!! Would love to share this:) good night!

2. Nina @ Momma Go Round says

So cute! I have a drawer full of buttons that I need to do something with….and a head full of hair that is sick of a ponytail. Brilliant!

3. Kim @ It's a Crafty Life says

Very cute, an easy way to dress it up. This party isn't for sharing crafts though, so I would love for you to come back and share at the Saturday Swagger instead! :-)

4. Ashley Tremaine says

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! Going to go do this to one of my hats as soon as I can!! Cute modeling pics! Great job!

5. m&msmommy says

Absolutely adorable! I don't "do" hats because I feel like my head is way too big ;) but you look great in it! :)

6. Ashley says

I have a hat with a stain on it right in that corner, great idea!! Thanks. Oh and I also look at everything in life now and say, "no don't buy that, you can totally make it" haha! Thanks for linking this up at my party!

7. coolkids says

super cute! I have a button collection that I could bust out!:) I am heading to target later..maybe I will get myself a hat. thecoolkidsblog.com

8. this blessed nest says

well….don't you look sassy & cute.

what a fun idea.

thanks so much for linking up with the SPRING FLING!
    have a super weekend.

xo
    kellie

have i ever mentioned how much i love your header??? i really really do!

9. Lolly Jane says

ohmygosh i cannot believe i've never seen your blog before… and your header is DARLING! love the embellishments on the hat- super cute!! we would love it if you would link up w/ us this weekend :)
    lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com

10. Kassi @ Truly Lovely says

That is CUTE! I love the see it and make it approach! :) Fun, fun!! Thanks for linking it to Fancy This Fridays!!