Come Shopping with me…Target adventures

It’s a bi weekly occurrence.
Sometimes tri weekly.
I am talking about my trips to Target.
You see, I have a secret love affair with Target.
Days that begin with Target are always the best of days.
Now,
there is a “routine” to all Target trips…
They ALL start and end the same.

You are likely to find me there in the 9:00 AM hour.
{its the only dang store that opens early enough}
We stroll in and get that BIG HUGE GIGANTIC cart that is impossible to steer.
I hate that I’m THAT Mom, but it makes my little girl happy.
We immediately make a B-LINE for the Starbucks cafe.
Ice water for Miss L, iced coffee for Momma.
After a few sips of COFFEE, we begin perusing through the dollar section.
I throw in some USELESS things that I can’t pass up because they are ONE DOLLAR.
Most likely I will give Landyn some stupid squishy ball to entertain her for a few moments, only to quickly get it chucked at my head….
Next, the clothes…Momma’s favorite section.
 Typically I do a quick glance because the BIG HUGE GIGANTIC cart won’t fit down the aisles without knocking down the entire racks. Therefore I grab and GO.
By the time I am at the stores half way point,
(the baby section)
I am ripping open Gerber Graduates yogurt melts because little L is getting restless.
I told you I bribe with FOOD.
I try to avoid the toy section at all costs.
I can’t tell you how many baby dolls I have let Landyn “LOOK AT”,
only to end up BUYING because she proceeded to rip open the ENTIRE BOX….
By the time I screech around the corner to the home section,
{my second favorite section}
Landyn is STANDING up in the cart screaming “WALK, WALK, WALK”.
It’s by this time I am getting the “IAMTHEWORSTMOMINTHEWORLD” LOOK.
Let’s just say Landyn WINS.
I manage to grab a few red tag clearance home items.
{where I get 80% of my home decor, yes on CLEARANCE}
Let me just tell you I get a THRILL when I find something I need on red tag clearance.
Those are the best Target days.
The next 20 minutes is spent aiding Landyn in cart pushing,
replacing things she has taken off shelves,
lot’s of apologizes,
chasing down aisles…
until I have had enough,
 and back in the cart she goes.
The final stretch,
which houses the REAL reason I went to Target in the first place,
(you know, laundry soap, deodorant, toothpaste)
is typically SKIPPED entirely
due to full on MELT DOWN MODE…
Screaming at the top of her lungs, flailing her arms, throwing things out of the cart…
Phew…

Comments

1. Trisha @ 3 Four and Under says:

You trip sounds exactly like my trips to Target! Except I can never find that cart

2. Chrissy @ Boerman Ramblings says:

Sound like you were wringing my thoughts down!

3. Twinkle Toes Knows says:

Hahahaha, I love this!! I can totally picture this going down too, love you girls!!

4. Tanya says:

I loved reading that. It made me so thankful that my kids are a bit older then that now, but yours is adorable. I love the sandals she is wearing. I found me and my daughter pairs this summer at yard sales.
    Very cool post, put me right there in Target with you:)

5. Liz @ the blue eyed owl says:

Target is where it's at! Did you score any Missoni! I moved so I am at least 15 minutes away. It's sad, but I've saved a ton of money!

6. Shannon says:

I'm so glad I'm not alone!!! My trips to Target are exactly the same and they are often as well. Love that place but I hate how they get all of my money every time :)

7. Fallon says:

This could very possibly be my favorite post of all time, that any blogger has ever written! I love that i am not the only mom who a} buys useless bribes in the dollar section b} bribes with gerber snacks and c} loves to find things i "need" on red tag clearance! :)

8. Kat says:

I love Target! You can also find me there at 9:00am. I could spend hours there!

9. jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} says:

I am with you girl! I LOVE Target! A trip to wander around makes my day!
    xx

10. Ann says:

No wonder you're a happy girl,

you start your days with Starbucks and shopping!

Oh it is a good life ♥

11. Mallorie Owens says:

Oh how I love Target, except these days I skip the clothes section because I want so much of it yet can't afford any…sigh…soon, very soon :)

12. Lindsay @ Delighted Momma says:

LOL!! Max has just started throwing tantrums out of nowhere! HELP! Any advice? Sooo embarrassing

13. Marina @ Yummy Mummy says:

OMG I am SO jealous! We don't have a Target in Santa Barbara, and I'm too scared to drive to Ventura with two kids under 4 who are apt to scream the whole way. ha!

14. Wendy says:

Ha, sounds like my target trips! :) My kids call those carts "fun carts" fun for who I wonder, since they still end up fighting about which spot is better ~ HA!

15. Marissa@ Momma Rake says:

Are you sure we weren't separated at birth? This is my {Exact} shopping trip to Target (Except throw another baby in there for fun!). You are too cute! LOVE!!<3

16. Tiffany says:

Our routine is almost exactly the same!…except, throw an 11 month old into the mix, too. I go b/c I "need" (want) to…but end being so stressed out and exhausted by the time it's over (most of the time). Why do we do that to ourselves? Apparrantely, it's worth it :o )

17. Sharstin says:

oh how i can relate–hilarious! but we must go to target! it's the best:)

18. Anna of IHOD says:

Lindsay this cracks me up! sounds like my trips to Target! Except now with two, I wait till hubby gets home.
    I always bribe with food. LOL!

19. Samantha says:

I ran across your comment on a recent post by I Heart Naptime and saw that your most recent post was this one. A girl after my own heart! We are in Target more than the majority of their employees and am I ashamed of this…. Not in the least! My love for that store runs deep.

20. Samantha says:

Lt me just also mention that this post is almost identical to my Target experience. Except I go after I have dropped the little ones where they need to be for the day and I sneak in right after they open and before I go to work. It's quiet, empty, the shelves are freshly stocked and neat, and I have no little ones pulling me to any one direction. I wonder aimlessly, collecting random things that I do not need, and sip on my coffee while getting way too excited over my clearance rack finds. And like you, the days I start with a Target trip are the best days.

21. Erin Tagle says:

If ONLY my Target had a Sbux….

Love this post.

22. Rachel @ My Happily Ever After says:

you are a crack up and a half! it's all worth it to go to target though huh ;) ?

23. Lindsay says:

Starbucks AND Target…two of the best places ever!!! :)

24. Nessa says:

I love me some little red tags… love.

25. Jessea Knight says:

wow i am not alone! yay!