Where my heart is

Everyone has a place where they feel at ease.

A happy place, if you will.

I’ve hinted before about my love affair with a little small town in northern Kentucky,

{where my best friend calls home}.

I just went back and it felt SO GOOD.

While I hate leaving my baby girl behind,

I am ok with taking a few days to rejuvenate my soul.

Laugh till it hurts.

Get some much needed girl time in.

Spend time with a special someone that shows you what you’ve been missing all your life.

Feel at ease. Comfortable. Happy.

My happy spirit comes out when I’m there.

It’s a high I will never be able to explain.

Many ask why I like it…

Because to me, it’s the little things in life that mean the most.

Dollar signs have nothing on that.

It’s simple and that right there is the essence of happiness.

Sometimes it takes getting lost, for you to discover what you really want out of life.

Pain and heartbreak are God’s way of showing us over to the other side so we can have our second chance.

{via here}

With this new chapter of life I am about to embark on,

I want to be selfish for once in my life.

Selfish for myself. Selfish for my daughter.

I want to follow my heart.

Don’t get me wrong, I have the most amazing support system here in California.

My family and friends bless me more than they will ever know.

It’s just that I am searching for more out of life.

I know a good thing when I see it, and I found that.

It feels right, so very right.

Comments

1. I love your heart friend. You are so real, honest, sincere and have such an amazing love for your daughter. I know you have some hard decisions to make, please know that I’m praying for you. Let me know if there’s anything you need. I’m here anytime.

2. I love Kentucky! I wish we could have met up…. Being with good friends does rejunvate your sould that for sure. I’m hoping things are getting better. Love ya chick

3. Follow your heart Linds! Sometimes a fresh new start is exactly what the soul needs to heal. Xo

4. L says:

Yay for visits with girlfriends =)
    Miss so many of my wonderful friends =)
    Glad you were able to go and spend some time just having fun.
    Much Love,
    L

(allglorious-within.blogspot.com)

5. Sharstin says:

Glad you had some time to rejuvenate! I know this next chapter in your life is ful of great things!

6. You definitely deserve to be selfish in life and focus on things that will make you happy! so glad you were able to have some girlfriend time and laugh it up! Happy almost weekend – we’re getting close!

7. The best advice Josh and I got was that this is America… who says you can’t move where you want to! That is what we have held onto. Follow your heart girl and you will end up right where God wants you to be! Hugs to you my friend! And if you pass through OK stop and see me! =)
    xx

8. hi beautiful lady. keep on– you’re doing great. you are a great momma, a great friend and God has you through this.

9. Erin T says:

AWE! I just sent you an email, annoyed at my small town (politics). But this town in KY sounds amazing.

Be selfish. Nobody else will make the best decisions for you and Landyn. Do what YOU need to do!

10. Kristy says:

So glad that you had a great trip!!! You deserve it girl!!! If you like small towns, you should def come check out our town. 1200 people ;) LOVE IT!!

11. I tkink you should move there, you seem happy there.

12. Bri says:

Oh this is so exciting! Moving is such a fresh start. An adventure! Can’t ‘wait to hear more about your plans! ~Bri~

13. I’m praying for you …no matter where your heart takes you! Have a happy day my dear!! xo.

14. Darlene says:

My happy place is Sweden and I would do just about anything to move back! Everyone thinks we are crazy- but you have to do what makes YOUR heart happy.

15. Val says:

Home s truly where the heart is……here or there. =)

16. do you what you have to do for you and your little one to be happy, love! you are brave and smart and you will get through this!

17. Jenny says:

I love that quote about where you heart goes when it wanders…I’ll have to pay attention next time and see where I go!

1. [...] I’m like a giddy child when I get to travel to my favorite small town. [...]