A dual life {Kentucky Adventures}

I’m home, and finally got things back in order…well kind of.

I’m always on this complete high leaving for vacation, but the return home for me tends to be bittersweet. While I love my home, there is always something exhilarating about visiting other parts of the world. Seeing different ways of life, different traditions, different values and what makes us so different. This past year, has blessed me with quite a few visits to the lovely state of Kentucky. And while I love the push and pull of so many forces and changing things up a bit, at times I feel like I am leading this dual life. I am the loving, nurturing, mommy, all while trying to foster my dreams and ambitions to. And being a single mommy, has intensified this ten fold.

{we have landed}

It’s funny how different people do life depending on their geographic location. I’ve become extremely aware of what makes me different in social settings during my visits. The way I talk, my mannerisms, the way I dress, I stand out.  Yet the more time I spend in this lovely region, the more people I meet, the more comfortable I become, the more I realize we truly are all the same. We want the same things in life… to love and be loved, respected, find comfort and trust, seek adventure, to be HAPPY. And while I have been searching all my 29 years for these very real dreams, I think my routine trips to Kentucky are quite a testiment to me finding these things 3,000 miles away.

{small town life}

While I feel the time away from my baby girl from the depths of my soul, I have quickly realized that this time for self is perfectly healthy. I am embracing my time alone, getting to have a free hand or two, sleeping in, having an adult conversation without being interupted, dressing up and feeling fabulous, building new friendships and nurturing old ones, growing into me …but I miss her.

{girl time is good for the soul}

I love that I have been able to open myself up to different people, different experiences and ways of life. It has broadened my mind and made me realize that there is more to life than what has always been handed to me on a silver platter. It’s almost as though my mind grew. I have begun to view life out of different lenses and have only seen vibrance.  My sense of self has grown. Walking thru those airports on my own, embarking on another life experience, letting go, moving on, are all statements of growth. And fun ones at that.

…….

LISA you win the Kiki La Rue Giveaway. CONGRATS! Email me!

Comments

1. sharstin says:

so exciting! and what a cute couple!

2. Rena says:

Yay a pic!! You two look adorable. Have him move to cali??

3. Hanna says:

You look like your having a blast!!! I’m so glad mr friend:) xoxoxo

4. aawww you look like you are having SO MUCH fun! and what a cute pic at the bottom {wink wink} I Must hear ALL about it! luv ya

5. Shirley Lupton says:

I love your smile. You finally look happy. Just don’t rush into something until you know for sure where God wants you to be in life. God bless and we are praying for you.

6. welcome home dear! it sounds like you had a lovely vacation and are taking some time to enjoy your life, which is exactly what you need!

7. Brianna says:

You look genuinely happy and it looks great on you! Glad to hear you are enjoying a bit of adult time, you deserve it!

8. lori says:

Glad things are falling into place for you. You look gorgeous :)

9. Definitely a growing and finding yourself time. =)

10. Aw you make a very cute couple. I too am splitting my time between Pennsylvania and Oklahoma a lot lately. My Best Friend from high school lives in Oklahoma and it’s easier for me to travel to her since I have no children and she now has 2. I miss my husband dearly while I am there, but you are right…. the small town feel, warmness of the people and being able to have friend time is great! I just wish I could get my husband to relocate to the mid-west. Good luck to you!

11. Erin Tagle says:

How exciting! It’s like a home away from home! And girl, I feel different and stand out down here- Dallas girl moved to small south Texas town/city… But truth is what you know, we all want the same things.

I’m glad you had a little vaca, but I’ve missed you!

Oh! And I love that blue necklace. Love.

12. Val says:

I hope that last pic is in a frame =)))))))))

1. [...] last year picking up the pieces of some curve balls that were thrown my way, redefining myself, traveling, and creating a life that I never imagined possible. In December I crossed paths with Josh and [...]